Cuddling in Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
May 11th 2015
Published: May 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at a quaint little train station for our 1-1/2 hour ride to Kuranda. The train ascended 1,076 feet, through 15 tunnels and crossed 40 bridges. The scenery was fantastic - a beautiful view of Cairns and the sea. Next we boarded a World War II Army Duck for a little trip through the Rainforestation Nature Park.

The Wildlife Sanctuary here was interesting as they had koalas and wallabies, and a few other creatures in residence. Didn't want to let go of that cuddly Koala we held for our picture. Adorable!

Headed back to the ship in time for lunch as we haven’t missed a meal yet and don’t intend to.

Back out on the streets of Cairn we headed for a bottle shop to add to Jerry’s cache of beer. I told him that should do him until the end but he said not to count on it. I can dream can’t I?



This town is beautiful - another resort area that is warm all year round. We start heading further south tomorrow and that means cooler weather.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th May 2015

cuddling
so nice....Australia is beautiful I hope you get to go to the Blue Hills outside of Sydney ! Glad Gerry has his stash!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb