Queensland!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
March 18th 2009
Published: April 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So!!! The trip continues with the girls- off to the east coast. We flew up to Cairns and worked our way down. It was an absolutely fantastic time! Swimming in beautiful beaches, sailing, feeding kangaroos, holding a Koala, climbing, hiking, eating, sun bathing and dancing our way down the coast!!

In Cairns we stayed in The Caravella- a hostel on the Esplanade. Very hot and humid! During our stay we did- Uncle Brians- a fantastic day trip of waterfalls, lakes and rivers- including Milla Milla falls- where the Timotei advert was filmed many years ago, so we all got to do the big hair flick- and Peter Andres 'Mysterious Girl' was filmed there too!! A day trip out to the great barrier reef- to do lots of snorkelling- Mandies 1st time- and how well she did too!! . Had a night around the 'night market', which was mainly stalls for all us travellers!

Next stop- Airlie Beach for the Whitsundays!! Stayed one night at Beaches resort. Then off sailing- WOW!! Simply amazing stuff! The photos will just speak for them selves. Sailing around the islands- stopping off at a beeeaaaautiful beach! Sleeping on deck under the most amazing stars! and more snorkelling with tons of reef fish!!!

Then down to Hervey Bay for Fraser Island. I didnt do it this time round as an attempt to keep afew pennies- so stayed in a hostel right near the beach- The palace hostel, while the girls went over to the Island.

Next- Brisbane, staying at the nomads branch there- unfortunately time was tight- so we only had a day and a half there, went to a wild life sancuary though and held a koala and saw tons of my favourite birds- lorikeets!!

Then to Byron Bay for the lovely beach and surf! Stayed in the nomads- odessy there- loooovely new hostel!! Had an awesome afternoon trying to ride waves into the beach- but mainly just got completely clobbered and came out as drowned rats!!! Gorgeous beach there- and pretty good striff of bars, shops, surfer dudes! Fun all the same!!! 😉

I love queensland!!!!! 😊

Next up- Sydney.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb