Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
September 16th 2005
Published: September 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

G'day mates!

hope to find you all well and in fine spirits.

Well as you can see from the title, we have now arrived in Oz! And so far we are LOVING IT!!! Cairns was our first port of call and we were amazed at how small of a place it is. Just a population of 140,000 and it is very spread out.

From there we visited the Great Barrier Reef and even though neither of us can swim we managed to snorkel!! Very proud of ourselves and it was an amazing experience. The corals and fish all varied in different shades of various different colours. A great experience!

The next trip we did from Cairns was to Cape Tribulation led by our lunatic tour guide, Joe!! He was simply a mad man...very funny and wacky but knew his stuff about QLD, wildlife and the rainforest along with its history. Very informative trip. And we just cannot put the whole experience of Oz so far and its scenery...into words. You really just have to see it for yourself. I mean the photos dont even do it justice.

Anyways, on this Cape Trib trip we went to see this wildlife sanctuary. Saw Koalas, wallabees, crocodiles, emu's and even fed some kangaroos. What gentle creatures and very beautiful.

At the moment we are making our way down the East Coast towards Brisbane. We are in a "Wicked Camper" and it is called "Deluxe Bong"...pretty nifty eh!!😊 We managed to get a good deal as we payed the price for a van without air con as the guy in the office f*@&ed up and man we could not do without air con!! It is great fun and definately the way to go. We are loving the scenery along the way and cos we are doing our own thing we can stop anywhere or take a detour if we fancy. We came across the tallest waterfall in oz yesterday. It is called Wallaman Falls. Really awesome..well worth the 1 hour trip up dirt roads and extremely steep roads (as it was up a mountain). Spectacular. Stopped in Mission Beach to kip the first night andf last night we stopped in Townsville at an excellent truckstop which we were able to have nice hot showers at also. Probably the last for a while..wiff wiff...;-)

Anyway, we are headed towards Airlie Beach now so gotta get back on the road....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



19th September 2005

wow
my god u guys what an amazing trip so far im so jealous keep d news coming at least from ur pics i'll remember what a blue sky looks like!! happy travelling take care

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb