last leg of Asia - Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 9th 2005
Published: September 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Heya peeps!

Hope you are all very well.

Well as the title suggests we are now on our last leg of Asia. Singapore!! And may I say how much fun we are having here. Arrived on the 8th in the evening after a 7 hour train ride. It was fine really apart from spluttering Malaysians and snoring old gents. Singapore customs are very strict which is good I guess. They carry a death sentence for anyone caught trafficking drugs. Which if you were innocenyt is kinda crap!

What struck us most about this city is how clean it is. It is so so pretty and is very well kept.

We made our way out to Sentosa Island yesterday. WELL worth it. It is quite simply amazing...absolutely beautiful! We gota free bus out and once we arrived, bought our "Experience 1" package ticket which included free passes onto all of the blue line buses, 4 stop Cable Car ride, and admission into: The Carlsberg Sky Tower, The Merlion and Fort Sinloso. We started with the Sky Tower...it was fab...the views were awesome. The tower rotated so we got amazing views of the island, the islands off of Sentosa and of course Singapore itself. Beautiful! We then took our Cable car ride which took us from Sentosa to Singapore to Mount Faber. We got off at Mount Faber to enjoy the views....gorgeous. Then got the Cable car back to Sentosa. An excellent way to travel!!.

We then went to see the Merlion which is Singapores national emblam. Got to hear the story behind it and got a free gift. Saw magnificent views from the mouth and the head...great photo opportunities. I loved it ...great fun! From there we wandered around the gardens which are very picturesque. Then we took a bus to the Underwater World. It was very good...loads of various species of fish some beautiful and playful, some ugly and grumpy! Got to hear some amazing facts too. Like, did you know that a shark can detect an injured body from as far away as 500m?? Scary stuff!

Then next for us was the Fort Sinloso. Was OK but was not very interested in this. Preffered the rest of the island. All in all we had a fantastic day. On the way back we got some yummy noodles and then just went up to the main shopping street to do a bit of window shopping. Then back to the hostel for a beer and bed.

The hostel we are staying is The Inn-Crows backpackers and we love it here. Very clean,modern, funky and friendly. A fun atmosphere and everyone is so easy going and happy. Very nice.

Well today is our final day here. We catch a flight to Cairns tonight so Oz, here we come...........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb