Australia - Mooloolaba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 17th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We stopped en route to Mooloolaba at the Glasshouse Mountains and walked up to a viewpoint to take a few photo's. We arrived in Mooloolaba at 10am on Wednesday 30 May and checked into Mooloolaba Backpackers. After a spot of grocery shopping, we had a few hours sleep. I made a small lunch before sitting in the room and reading my book. In the evening, we walked around the quiet little town and along the beach for a bit. When we got back, I made my dinner and prepared my lunch for the next day. The rest of the evening was spent sitting out on the balcony chatting to other backpackers. On Thursday we went to Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's zoo). After looking at various snakes, we went to the Crocoseum for the main show which included birds, snakes and crocodiles. The rest of the day we saw koalas, kangaroos, wombats, tasmanian devils, tigers, otters, birds, camels, crocodiles, alligators etc.. We got back at 5pm and sat in the room reading. After making my dinner we went for a walk before returning to the hostel to sit on the balcony for a while. At 10pm, we were ordered inside and we read for an hour before going to sleep. On Friday morning, we walked to the Wharf and went to UnderWater World. In the 3 hours we were there, we saw stingrays, otters, seals and various different fish from all over the world. The oceanarium had an 80 metre tunnel which you walked through to see various sharks, stingrays and fish swimming around you. As we exited UnderWater World, we walked through Dinosaur World and then made our way home. After making lunch, we sat in the room reading for a couple of hours. At 3pm, I went to UnderWater World for a 30 minute scuba dive in the oceanarium. It was like moving around in a big fish tank and was a great experience having sharks swimming towards your face and then veering off at the last second. People could view me from the tunnel so that was a bit strange. After the dive, we went on the internet for 2 hours before buying dinner and a box of beer. We sat out on the balcony drinking from 8pm and then at 1am we went to O'Malley's bar where we stayed until 3am. On Saturday morning, we woke at 9am as we had to catch our bus to Noosa.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb