Australia - Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 18th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Noosa at midday on Saturday 2 June and checked into Koala's Backpackers. After walking around for a couple of hours, we had a 3 hour siesta. In the evening, we had a few beers in our apartment with our roommates before going to the hostel bar where we stayed until closing at midnight. We woke at 9am on Sunday to the sound of rain so we decided to do our laundry (the first time on our travels that we did our own laundry). The rain had turned into a torrential downpour by midday so we spent a couple of hours on the internet before sitting in our room and listening to music. In the evening we braved the rain and went to the supermarket before going to the local cinema to watch Zodiac. On Monday morning, Ian's friend picked us up from the hostel and drove us around the sights of Noosa before going to her house for a couple of hours. We then went to a bakery and got supplies for a picnic on the grass looking out to the ocean. At 3pm we got dropped off at the hostel and had a 2 hour siesta. In the evening, everyone in our apartment played a card drinking game. My six pack of beer didn't last long and we were now suitably drunk enough to go out to the bar at Koala's. It was quiet in the bar so after one jug of beer we crossed the street and went to an Irish bar. This was also quiet so I decided to go home and have an early night. On Tuesday, the weather wasn't great but the rain stopped long enough for us to walk to the National Park. We walked a trail that took us along the cliffs looking out to sea before we reached a secluded beach. After stopping here for half an hour, we walked back along the trail and then back to the hostel. That evening, we went out to a nice Chinese restaurant before going to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 at the cinema. On Wednesday morning, we checked out and waited for our midday bus to Hervey Bay.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb