Aussie Christmas special


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 4th 2007
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Haven't written a BLOG entry up for a quite a while so thought you may like this one?

We took the New England Highway from Sydney and passed through quaint, small country towns. We stopped at Tamworth overnight in a motel, having decided not to stay at Armidale, which was just as well as our car would have been written off by giant hail-stones. The area was declared a disaster zone!

As you can see we did some window shopping and just look at what you may get for Xmas next year from the WI?

We went into Brisbane to see the lights and fruit bats, it is odd being in a hot climate and listening to xmas songs about snow, sleigh bells etc.

We like the Aussie humour and some houses we passed did have kangaroos on the roof instead of reindeers. The window at Myers department store was very impressive, it shows different scenes of a wombat auditioning for the nativity, unfortunately some of the photos have glass reflected in them so you have the best of the bunch here- spot the aussie animals?

We spent the afternoon on the beach Xmas day after opening our pressies at Banora (our house sit) where we will be staying 'till the 19th of January. John's cousin Louise and Peter joined us for New year as we are only an hour and half from Brisbane. Banora is in NSW and only 10 minutes from the border of Queensland, NSW has daylight saving and QLD doesn't- this is very confusing if you are going over the border to shop or go to the cinema! We didn't manage to stay at TWIN TOWNs Club for both midnights.

Best not to mention here to the Aussies that your English if you don't want to get cricket bashed...........they just love it!

With best wishes to you all for 2007

many thanks to those who contacted us over the festivities, sent us cards, it was great to get mail.

Love Steph and John


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

WI -hand towelsWI -hand towels
WI -hand towels

these are popular in some homes....


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb