Day 130 Australia, Airlie Beach, Whitsundays.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
March 25th 2015
Published: March 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi People,



Today was our day tour of the Whitsundays!!! So excited!!



We had a hostel pick up for the Whitsundays tour at 8am, we chose to go on a day tour that crammed all the sites that a 2 or 3 day tour would have. We chose to go with Ocean Rafting, it was expensive for a day trip at $150 each but all companies are expensive as everyone wants to go to the Whitsundays (and we left it late to book up).



We were on a raft of about 50 people (50% of these were American high school graduates) it was bumpy on the way out however Vick wasn’t sick on a smaller boat for once. L We had about 50 minutes on the way out of trying to spot animals; we saw a few turtles coming up for air and dolphins swimming about.



We had our first stop on a beach with a walk up to a viewpoint over the main White Haven beach; you can see from the photos how amazing it was, the views were so special!! We walked back down and then headed to the beach for a swim.



We anchored off the beach and waded on the sand, it is 98% silica so it’s the most perfect sand you can imagine!! We spent about 1h ¾ of and hour on the beach soaking in the water scrubbing each other down with the sand and getting in loads of photos!! We had a good buffet lunch onboard of salad, chicken, rolls, pasta salads and other stuff. It was simple and easy.



We then headed out to a snorkel site; this was amazing as we got to swim with TURTLES!!!! Yes TURTLES!!! I managed to duck dive down and stroke this massive turtle shell!! I was so chuffed. The visibility was not the best but I hope the photos do it a small amount of justice.



We then headed to another snorkel site; this was also good swimming amongst these big fish, Vick was petrified when a 4-foot long barramundi swam up to us!! She turned into a limpet and would not let me go HAHA!!! We then headed back after an amazing day!! The driver of the boat decided to show us the boats capability turning in quick arcs and scaring all the girls on board!!!



We headed back to the hostel via Woolworths to get a few ingredients for dinner and some wine. Once back at the hostel we had dinner and uploaded the photos from the day. However, something went seriously wrong with Iphoto as it didn’t actually copy the photos when it said it had, so after deleting the photos off the camera memory card we discovered that all our photos from the day had gone!! We were in a state of shock so decided to go to a live music bar and drink lots of beer to literally drown our sorrows.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 149, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb