Inverell to Brisbane - Easter 2009 Weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
April 13th 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Room 8, Cousins Motor Inn, InverellRoom 8, Cousins Motor Inn, InverellRoom 8, Cousins Motor Inn, Inverell

Our very comfortable room at the motel we stayed in.

Inverell to Brisbane via Inglewood, Clifton and Gatton

Woke around 6.45 and after a light breakfast - Steve had Just Right, Peaches, Toast, Juice and Tea and Jeni had Toast and Coffee - we headed for home. We were a little concerned about the radiator again so decided not to stop until lunch in case we had more problems.


We headed out to Ashmore and up to Texas and Inglewood where we stopped for lunch. It had been raining most of the way and so we sat under a gazebo in the courtyard of the cafe where Steve had Spaghetti Bolognaise and Jeni had Crab Sandwiches and we both had a Strawberry Smoothie. It was a lovely, relaxing lunch and then we were back on the road.


We decided to go the back roads and so headed out towards Leyburn and Clifton taking the very scenic road to Gatton. This meant we missed the traffic and very steep roads from either Toowoomba and Warwick back to Brisbane.


On the radio we heard there had been several serious accidents due to the very heavy rain and we actually saw the wreckage of one car where a
Breakfast at the InnBreakfast at the InnBreakfast at the Inn

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast before heading out for home.
30 year old woman had been killed about an hour before just near Haigslee. We also heard there were accidents on the Centenary Highway and near Ipswich.


Consequently we were a bit worried about the car overheating if we were in stop/start traffic so took the bypass through Mt Crosby and Pullenvale in order to avoid most of the traffic, which turned out to be a very good idea as the traffic was backed up for miles along the highway. We arrived home at about 4.15 and thanked God for a wonderful, safe weekend travelling in Northern NSW.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Steve Ready to GoSteve Ready to Go
Steve Ready to Go

We enjoyed our stay in the clean and tidy town of Inverell and at this very quiet and comfy motel but soon we were back on the road for home.
Steve Ready for LunchSteve Ready for Lunch
Steve Ready for Lunch

We stopped for lunch in Inglewood and found this gazebo in the grounds of the cafe. It was wet but we were dry!
Main Steet of InglewoodMain Steet of Inglewood
Main Steet of Inglewood

After lunch we had a very quick look down the main street.
Palm Lined Main StreetPalm Lined Main Street
Palm Lined Main Street

The palms were huge and lined the highway through Inglewood.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb