The weir with no water


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Taroom
November 7th 2011
Published: November 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another day of pack up and set up. This time our destination was the Glebe Weir. This place is lovely, about 26kms off the highway and at this point in time completely deserted. There is plenty of water in the weir, but no drinking water supply, so basically we're here until our water runs out. We're bathing in water from the weir and keeping the tank water for drinking and washing up dishes.

Due to the seclusion and non-existent neighbours we're going to let the dogs pretty much do what they please during the day and pen them at night. They have been rather cooped up the last few weeks, so I think they'll enjoy the freedom!

Noah has been exploring already and discovered a game of bush skittles, but I've decided that showing him how to actually use it would be a bad idea... last thing we need is him walking around chucking random bits of wood at stuff.

Normal showers tonight, we weren't organised enough to have a weir water shower.. so that experience is being saved for tomorrow.

Apparently the bush around here is home to both feral cats and toads. The dogs are having a field day barking at the cats. Ryan believes he was being surrounded by the cats while he was cooking the steak for dinner. He's been yelling and chasing them like a crazy man.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb