Tuesday at the weir


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Taroom
November 8th 2011
Published: November 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For $7.00 a night this place is a bargain... ok so a frog jumped out of the toilet after I flushed it yesterday... but we have power and there is no one else here and the peace is just wonderful and we have phone / internet reception!

Ryan got up early and took photos, Noah and I happily slept in.

The dogs are not quite sure what to do with themselves, so much space and water to cool off in. Neither of them venture in beyond chest depth, but they have been tested and both are able to swim without life jackets, so there is no fear of them drowning.

Noah enjoyed his first swim with his dad today. Bit sad that we haven't had him in a pool prior to this, but to say he loved it would be an understatement.. with no hesitation he charged on into the water, all the way up to his armpits.

Another first for Noah today... his first fat lip. He tripped over inside and got a small split in his lip. Some pear (cool from the fridge) helped to soothe the pain and he was right as rain in no time.

While the fat lip was happening, Ryan was out in the kayak fishing, no fish, but he had a good paddle... even if he did leave the wheels attached and wonder why he couldn't go as fast as normal :D

So, first day 'bathing' in the weir water.... Noah handled the coldish water well and then it was my turn. Hmmm.... Ryan thinks bathing outside starkers is liberating... me, I think it's daunting that someone could rock up and find me all soaped up and with nowhere to go.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight! I used the Cobb and it did a stunning job... though dinner was in two courses... roast veges followed by roast chicken. Can't wait to try a cake in it later this week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

CallistaCallista
Callista

She refused to go any deeper
GriffinGriffin
Griffin

He went deeper, but not by much


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb