Surfer's Paradise and Mount Warning


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
November 8th 2010
Published: November 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having lots of fun with Jamie still in Surfer's Paradise! Unfortunately this is my last day here with him. Yesterday was beautiful so we spent the day at the beach. We swam in the waves and played on a boogie board for the whole morning. While we were swimming there was a big lifeguarding competition going on around us and they had helicopters flying really low filming the race. Pretty neat! Saw the televised version on TV today, but we didn't manage to get 15 minutes of fame haha!

Today Jamie and I went for a hike through the rainforest up Mount Warning which was in New South Wales. It was absolutely beautiful! The rainforest was amazing... full of giant trees called Booyang trees as well as tons of giant fig trees and palms. Oh and tons of tarzan vines too!

As we hiked up the 4.4 km climb the rainforest changed: the trees got shorter and shorter, the birds became more sparse and the trees started getting things hanging moss on them. The last 0.4 km were done on hands and knees with the aid of a big chain up a very rocky section. It was pretty fun! Also very challenging. By the time we got back down to the bottom of the mountain, my legs were jello!

Tomorrow I'm off to Cairns!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb