the last cuple of weeks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
February 2nd 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

so the last cuple of weeks i spent with janine and her kids riley and hayes. it was nice to have a room to myself. i spent christmas and new years there and then decided to go to fraser island, but the weather wasnt good until the mid january. so i went for a weekend trip to fraser island on a self drive tour with 7 other people. we caught a ferry to fraser island and went to lake mackenzie first, it was the most beautiful lake on fraser island! white sandy beaches and very clear fresh water. we then 4x4ed our way to our hostel where we were booked for 2 nights. that night we went out to the onyl bar in the area which closed at 11 oclock, we played connect 4 and trivial pursuit from the 1970s haha.... very exciting. the folowing day we went to another beautiful lake but not as nice as the previous one and decided to drive to indian head. indian head is a large cliff where you can look down into the ocean and see sharks swimming. we saw no sharks but mantarays and turtles. when we walked down the cliff back to the car, our car wouldnt start.... the starter wasnt working (something i know alot about) we got a man to pull start us but that took 2 hours because we had to get out of very deep sand. on the way back to the hostel we could not stop the car or else it wouldnt start again so we stopped at a ship wreck briefly to take pictures while our car ran and then continued back, we called the car company that lent us the truck but they said they couldnt get some one out until 9 30 the next morning. so we went to the bar and went to bed early. the following morning the company sent hayes ( janines son) to help fix our car, but sinc he is not a mechanic he did not have the equipment to fix our car so he pull started it and we headed back to the ferry terminal because we had to catch the ferry. everyone was very upset that our day and a half was wasted so we let the car running while on the ferry and drove back to the company, they gave us a 100$ refund. although i would have rather seen the rest of the stuff on fraser island. i stayed at janines for a week longer to get a package from my mom and then headed to airlie beach on friday. the bus ride was 13 hours long. i have been in airlie beach for 3 days and it has rained the whole time! so im not sure yet what i will do, since there is a cyclone up north and the weather will not clear up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb