Noosa - Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Daeparted the bush camp early morning.

Had to wait a while for the greyhound as it was running unusually late.

The journey to Hervey bay was pleasent and the bus was incredibly busy.

The journey wasnt that long and I arrived in Hervey bay at approx 2:00.

The mini bus (bright pink in colour.) picked me up and took me to the hostel (which was also the company that I would be doing my 4x4 Fraser trek with.)

Once installed at the hostel I had some time to kill before having our introduction to the 3 day Fraser island self drive tour. So I went for a wonder which took about 5 min since there isnt all that much by the water front.

Stopped for a milkshake as it started to rain.

Got back to the hostel and spent some time on the internet then joined what would be some of the people id be spending the next three days camping with.

Before starting we were split into 3 groups of 9. Each group would be given its own 4x4 land cruiser and camping equipment. On my group was 2 irish lads (Olly and Evan), Codey (Canadian), Stephan (German - drunk at this point), B (Dutch girl whos name we couldnt pronounce - began with "B"), Polly and Becky (English couple - took me a while to work this out) and Simon (English nurse - very camp).

The Self drive introduction was long and dull. The dude doing the talking seemed to spend most of the time telling us ways in which we would lose our $1000 bond. The talk was made even more arduous as one of the other teams (team France - Italy) wouldnt shut up and listen. Then we watched two dull videos on do's and dont's.

After an hour we all went to the bar and made our shopping lists for the required supplies for the next 3 days.

Went down to Subway with Evan for a late dinner. Then went back to the bar for a couple of drinks before heading to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb