Brisbane - Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
April 9th 2007
Published: April 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up having had a desent nights sleep. Then had breakfast.

Apparently there wa a market going on down the Valley Market. So being a public holiday with little open myself with some German girl whos name escapes me headed down to check it out.

There was approximatly 3 stalls at the market, but all the bars and Reastaurants were at least open. Walked around here for a while before German girl had to leave to go catch her bus up north. I still had a fare pit of time left before having to catch mine so I spent some time on the internet before wondering to China town (right next door.)

China Town consist of only one street but it alot nicer then Sydneys or Melbournes ( large pagodas every where.) There seemed to be also some sort of small Thai festive gathering.

Had lunch here before heading back to the hostel.

Got my stuff together checked out then caught the bus to the termainal then jumped onto the greyhoud bound for Noosa.

It was a short journey and the bus was completely full. Reached Noosa by late afternoon.
Being the holidays everything was booked out so I had to stay at a Bush camp just outide town.

Got picked up by the mini bus which took us to the camp (20 min journey.) I knew I was in the middle of no where when apon arrival at the camp driveway (dirt track) the driver warned us it was bumpy and 2km long.

The camp was by the river and incredibly basic (run by red necks as far as I could tell). Got shown to my tent and bush bed (glorified hamock really.)

Took the mini bus into Noosa which took ages a the driver and his co partner stopped off everywhere to do their bits and bobs (laundry, to uy a tool box, drop something off.)

On the way to the super market we went through Noosa which is lovely and incredibly upmarket. Alot of the houses are built onto a canal (so you can park your boat just outside). It all looks a bit like a small version of the OC.

Got food then headed back to the camp site.

After cooking diner I played Nicholas (Danish bloke) at pool and spent mot of the evening sat around the camp fire with beers chatting to my fellow campers (mainly Dutch and Swedish).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb