Tuesday 1st March - Hamilton Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hamilton Island
March 3rd 2011
Published: March 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The rain continued through the night, but it stopped in the morning
We ate breakfast at the hotel. Our package here is for Bed & Breakfast, which is good. After breakfast we spent the morning on the beach, with a brief interlude at the pool beach to cool down and take a beer.

It starts to rain at around lunch time, so we go back to our room. I download photos and videos onto the laptop and charge up the cameras ready for our 3-day Sail. The weather clears up and we decide to go back to the pool. As we are going back we notice a couple are getting married on the beach just outside our room. Di thinks that it is a little sad, as there is only the bride and Groom, Registrar and Photographer present.

We spend the rest of the afternoon at the beach. The tide goes out along way on Catseye Beach and also goes out very fast. By mid-afternoon you can walk a long way out into the bay.

We have been invited to a cocktail reception in the evening. It starts at 17:00, and me and Di are the first there and make roads into the Chardonnay and Canapes. We got into conversation with a couple who have already toured New Zealand in a camper van, and they give us a few tips.


It is again raining BIG –TIME. There seems to be a pattern here where it rains heavy in the evening, but it is generally gone by morning.
We are getting picked up tomorrow to go on the 3 - day whitsunday island sail tomorrow, we will leave our two big suitcases at the hotel and have to pack what we need for the 3 days into a small canvas holdall. We will collect our cases when we re check-in to the Hamilton Island Beach Club on Saturday.
After dinner I spend some time catching up on the laundry.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb