Fraser island 18to20/11


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After an early morning start watching an awareness video of how to behave on the island, meeting our group and shopping for essentials we boarded the ferry to fraser island.

The tour we chose was a 3 day self drive around the island (although me and dave chose not to drive) and we got put in a really good group so it made the trip even better.

On the first day we went to Lake Wabby, which had some cool sand dunes and then drove along the beach to look for some shelter from the rain. We managed to find an apartment which had two rooms left so we stayed over and had a couple of glasses of wine and stayed up chatting and getting to know each other.

The next day we drove along the beach again to look at maheno shipwreck, although we were a little disappointed that there were no signs to tell us anything about it. After this we went to Indian head lookout where we saw two tiger sharks and more stingrays, before going for a paddle in the champagne pool. This is part of the sea that is cut off by rocks (which means it is sfae from jelly fishand sharks) but waves crash over to make a pool. We endeed the day at elle creek which has really clean water and then camped out at the side of the beach. We saw lots of dindos around our camp.

On our last day we went swimming at lake mckenzie, where we saw lots of monitor lizards and another dingo running away with someones flipflop.

When we got back to hervey bay our group decided to out for an all you can eat Chinese and to the pub which was really nice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb