Kroombit 16to17/11


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kroombit
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Before we left Airlie beach we managed to catch the last day of the reef festival. This involved some floats going down the road, some fancy dress competitions and some fireworks at night time.

The next day we set of for kroombit cattle station, this was an eleven hour journey with a stop of halfway for a quick game of lawn bowls. On the way we saw some wild kangaroos from the bus. When we arrived at kroombit we got to eat some meat that they wouldn't tell us what it was until we had all eaten some. It turned out to be goat and is quite tasty. The bar had a pet cockatoo called boss which was quite cool and entertaining. That night at kroombit we got to practice whip cracking (we hit ourselves a few times but I managed to get it to crack quite a few times and kirsty did it once). There was also a mechanical bull that kirsty had a go on but I didn't. One of the tour guides was really good and stood up on it and did some tricks and one of the girls who works at kroombit did whip cracking whilst riding it.

The day after we had to get up really early to go do lasooing and a goat muster. neither me or kirsty were very good at lasooing but managed to get the target a couple of times each. After this kirsty went on a horse ride and i went on a walk up sunset hill. On her horseride kirsty got to round up some goats and then go on a scenic horseride through the outback.. She nearly fell of it because the horse was really stuborn and was really slow but when it finally listened it went really fast and almost collided with another horse.

It was a really good time apart from all the bugs which attacked us all the time. Next stop is hervey bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

kroombitkroombit
kroombit

sunset hill


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb