22to24/11 rainbow beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
November 24th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Only a short trip from hervey bay to rainbow beach. When we got here we found that there was free table tennis which we have taken full advantage of. Rainbow beach has yet another very nice beach which has numerous different coloured sands, hence the name. We have now come far enough south so that there aren’t any really dangerous stingers any more and can therefore swim if we want to.

Whilst here we decided to go on a dolphin boat trip where we got to hand feed wild dolphins. The dolphins were called Mystique and Harmony and were very friendly although we were not allowed to touch them. This was very good and there were also lots of cool pelicans trying to steal the fish. On the boat ride over to Tin Can Bay where the dolphins were, we were lucky enough to get a really close look at a whistling kyte that was flying beside the boat.

Whilst in rainbow we also went on a free guided walk. This was really good and involved trying some wild plants, a closer look at the rainbow sands and a really nice view of the sunset. To show us the coloured sands the guide made a rainbow picture out of the sand and then turned the rainbow picture into a picture of a fire. When we got back from the walk we had a couple of beers with the people who were on the walk with us.

Noosa is the next stop and should hopefully be very nice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb