frazer island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
June 20th 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Frazer island is the biggest sand island in the world, its just an island full of sand, rainforrests and lakes, no swimming in the sea aloud as man eating sharks flipping around!

You see pictures of this place with white sandy beaches, blue sky,turquise lagoons…not bloody likely it was the coldest day in something like 60 years!!!we took a 4 wheel drive with the others from our group tom, lucy,matt,jock,dave,hannah,carl and kelly and went round the island for 3 days. It was a gorgeous place ill give it that but was oh so cold.

AT night we would set up our camp and pitch the tents then get drunk and play drinking games to make arctic night more bearable. Sleeping on the beach in a tent with no insolating matt gail force winds and rain was just like being back in england except there were no electric blankets!!!! There was no way I was getting in any of the lagoons, far too cold! it was amuzing enough watching the lads throw themselves in.

We visited Lake Wabby which was my favourite lake after trekking over sand dunes to get there, it was also surrounded by beautiful green rainforrest, all the boys rolled down th hill into the lake and luckily had a bit of sunshine for when they got out.
We the drive up to Lake McKenzie on the last day which was a gorgeous turquoise with white sand. Again the boys and a group of crazy irsh got in the freezing cold water!

To top the 3 day trip off our shed of a car broke down (also the handles off the back door broke and you kept getting locked in), there was alot of steam coming from under the bonnet, we jolted to a halt about minutes away from our hostal and arrived back about an hour after everyone else, it was so nice to have a hot shower and goos nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb