bev and geoffs house mt tamborine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Mt Tamborine
June 10th 2007
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is where i went wwoofing for the 3rd time and it was 3rd time lucky ill say, the house was big with a gorgeous landscaped tropical and organic garden. I spent 2 weeks at this place and would have liked to stay for longer. my hosts bev and geoff were the most lovley people you can wish to stay with pluss geoff cooked roast lamb and rhubarb crumble and all sort of delicous food with pudding every night wherhoooo!

ill tell you what i leart loads about food and nutrition here, did you know that milk is actually a load of crap!!! that saying int milk brillient is b*llox, basically because milk is heated up when pasturized it kills all the germs and your body needs germ to digest the food...meaning the calcium in the milk is there but your body cant absorb it as thers no germs to digest it unless you drink raw milk which is illegal (but you can get it sold as bath milk in organic shops or buy your own cow)

also learn loads about organic farming and the importance of how the food is grown, i never realised that food that is grown using sprays kills the soils nutrients and therefor only provides and ancor for the vegies and no nutrients are passed on into the food which the body needs and which is really important for good health and fight against cancers etc...anyway im like a fountain of knowlege now and its hard to explaine in writing so ill tell you all about it later when i get back!

I enjoyed myself imensley in the jacuzzie bath oh yessssss its been along time sice i came accross a bath...while i was there i went bush walking, to the big market where the farm grows food for and out and about on the mountain with kerry ans scott who lived there.

the work that i did there was always different when it was raining i made some really really nice chutneys and relishes, i made dried bananas and when the weather was good i was out in the garden preparing the soils with fertilizer (chicken poo), picking the vegies and preparing then to be sold on the markets.








Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb