Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
April 12th 2007
Published: April 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up at day break and slowly started packing ourstuff away.

Got in our 4x4 and headedoff to find a camp site to wash up our dishes from the night before.

Found a camp site fith sink and sort of helped Polly, Becky and Simon do the washing up. The boys at this point (mainly Stephan) started reducing their goon supplies.

Becky was driving at this point (a little quick for my liking.) At one point the 4x4 in front of us slowed down and started to manouver towards the sea. This diverted all our attentions away from the rather deep wash out (the 4x4 was trying to avoid by driving towards its shallowist point near the sea.) and at full speed we went crashing through it. Everything was flung about and the entire front of the landcruiser was ingulfed by wash out water (wash out is a stream of freash water makeing its way towards the sea.)

Later headed off to Indian heads (rock formation ment to look like an indian head but i didnt really see it.) Supposidly you could see some Tiger Sharks from this point, but we didnt see anything. The view of the beachs was spectacular though.

We were ment to make camp by 2:30 as high tide was due at late afternoon. This ment we had to leave indian heads by 1:00 to make the the 1 ish hour drive to our camping area.. Despite this we decided we had enough time to try and get to Champagne rocks for a swim. Unfortunatly after a half hour walk we were no closer to the rocks and we only had 30 min before our departure time. It was at this point a slight disagreement came about within the group. Stephan was determined to see the rocks as we had walked this far and he felt his time had been wasted. Polly, Bex, B and Simon felt that it wasnt worth the risk as no one knew for sure how far it was. This is when we split into two, the boys (Evan, Stephan, Codeyand Olly) decided to try and make it to champagne rocks while the rest decided to head back. I decided to join the group heading back as the others being quite drunk from asober persons point of view werent making much sence. Considering the group heading back at this point had cooked, driven and organised everything for all of us, I felt they deserved more of my support. Besides, understanding Stephans annoyance at the long walk to nowhere, I felt he didnt have much leverage as up to this point he hadnt contributed much in anyway so far. Besides the guy was stinking drunk and was being stuborn for stuborns sake (said he would hitch hikehis way back!) and if it hadnt been for this I probably would have joined the mad dash to the rocks.

We made it back to the 4x4 and had to wait for the others to come back. Which was interesting as slowly all the other Landcruisers left the area and the tied slowly came up. We were just about to leave when the others, panting after a mad dash back, turned up.

After this I thought there may be some tension on the way back but fortunatly things went back to normal quickley.

We reached camp and set the tents up. Codey cooked up some beef sausages (they dont do much pork out here.) for a late lunch. Then with a half full bottle of water as a cricket stump, a shovel as a bat and tennis ball we played french cricket till it got dark enough not to be able to see the ball. This was really good fun, although not everyone played, Evan crashed out in the tent and Stephan on the sand around the corner.

We sat around for a while chatting and drinking. Then I cooked up some burgers for dinner.

Everyone went to bed early but I was determined to drink and finish my goon. Fortunatly Evan, Olly and Codey joined me. Stephan didnt as he felt he had enough for today (seems to only like drinking in the morning.) We all sat in the 4x4 getting drunk and when Evan (hamered) called it a night, Olly Codey and myself talked music and sang badley and highly under the influence till about 2:00 - suprised we didnt wake the rest of the island up.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb