Woodleigh Station to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
July 3rd 2016
Published: July 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

'Winter is Coming'
In land Northern Queensland and the temperature has dropped to a low of 10 degrees this morning.
Jumper put on for the first time in 3 months.
A disturbed night with the guard dogs barking on and off all night and sleeping under our awning and on top of Tom in his swag.
We were up early to hand milk the two house cows. Billy and Kate both giving it a go.
Slow pack up we checked out the turkeys, chickens, cattle and bull on the property near the homestead.
On the road at 0920hrs, odometer 94915, temperature now a pleasant 17 degrees celsius, we drive to Atherton and ate our first McDonalds Breakfast in a very very long time. Departing McDonalds, we took on fuel at 1.20cents per litre.
Over the Great Dividing Range through a drizzle of rain we drove to Cairns. Lots of rain forest and winding road.
Cairns is the largest city in the heart of Tropical North Queensland and the gate way to Cape York.
Once a sleepy sugar-milling town, it's now a destination for sailing, diving and snorkelling. Its Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park tells the stories of the indigenous Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with music and dance.
We picked up some lunch essentials and then moved on to stay at my brother, Stephen's holiday house, as he and his partner and kids were in town from Weipa.
Manoeuvring the van and car into the drive way we spent the day and evening chatting, playing, showing photographs and eating.
Tom sleeping in the house the rest of us stayed in the van as not to impose too much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb