Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
November 18th 2009
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Melbourne - Cairns

18/11/2009

CairnsCairnsCairns

Our fantastic hostel in Cairns called Travellers Oasis
We woke up at the crack of dawn to get a lift to Melbourne airport for our 7AM flight to Cairns. It was the start of 5 weeks travelling down the East Coast of Australia. The flight took just over 3 hours and as soon as we stepped off the plane we could feel the heat, it was a beautiful day in Cairns. We waited for our hostel shuttle bus to arrive and got a free lift to our accommodation. It was the cheapest place we had booked all holiday so I wasn’t really expecting much at all, however we were pleasantly surprised, the place was fantastic. We were shown to our room, which was small but very clean, then got straight out of our jeans, it was boiling.

After looking around the hostel we decided to head into town to have a look around. Our first day in Cairns was quite a relaxed one, we had loads planned over the next week but today was relatively quiet. We headed for the shopping centre across the road and got some lunch then continued on to have a look around Cairns. It was much smaller than I thought it was, no
CairnsCairnsCairns

Walking down the Esplanade boardwalk in Cairns
bigger than a large town really. We walked past the Pro-Dive shop, we were doing a 5 day Open Water PADI course with them the day after tomorrow so decided to head inside to see if there is anything we needed to do. They gave us a work book and also a Dive Planner to read before we start. They also recommended that we get our dive medical done today if we have some spare time, so we headed down towards the Doctors to get them done.

We spent a good hour or so waiting around to be seen by the Doctor and eventually after both being seen we passed our dive medicals. We walked down the Esplanade and checked out the Cairns lagoon which was pretty impressive, then slowly made our way back to the hostel. On the way back we stopped by the supermarket to get some dinner and had a relaxing night since we had to get up early tomorrow.

Accommodation:
Travellers Oasis

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb