Returning to Melbourne for 10 Days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 8th 2009
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne

Southbank along the Yarra River on an unusually hot day in November
It was good to finally be back home but at the same time strangely felt like I had never left. There were a few big changes but for the most part everything was exactly how I left it. Since Hannah wasn’t arriving until the same flight next week I spent most of the time catching up with friends and family. It was exciting to see what everyone had been up to over the past 18 months and also telling everyone what I had been up to. I was stunned by the incredible weather that welcomed me back, the first few days were all above 34C, it was hot!

On Tuesday I headed into the city to have a look around Southbank and my former workplace Crown Casino. Inside everything was completely different, I couldn’t believe how different it looking in some areas I just couldn’t recognise it. I headed outside into the intense heat and walked along Southbank as I took a few photos of the beautiful Melbourne skyline. Later in the week I also headed out to St. Kilda, which was mostly the same as I remember, it was such a nice place to hang out.

Hannah arrived
MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne

Crown Casino along the Yarra River in Melbourne
on Sunday evening, unfortunately she brought the English weather with her as the next day was mostly miserable. Her first day in Australia was mainly spent sorting our stuff and her sleeping.


Accommodation:
Family


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

View of the Melbourne CBD from Southbank
St. KildaSt. Kilda
St. Kilda

A beautiful day along St. Kilda beach.


Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb