How beautiful is this country??


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
December 24th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys haven't got much to write this time but thought i'd update some photos for you. It's xmas eve today and a bit miserable actually. It totally poured down yesterday and it hasn't really brightened up today. Fingers crossed for sunshine tomorrow!

We haven't really been up to much since we've been in Cairns, just totally relaxing, its been so hot though.

As i said last time when we were in Airlie beach we went on a cruise to the Whitsunday Islands. They were totally amazing, so so beautiful. Some of it was totally breath-taking! You'll see from the photos just how beautiful. We went on a walkabout on one island, went on Whitehaven beach (which is in the top 10 beaches of the world) and also got some time to do snorkelling and see the barrier reef which once again is amazing. We just had a great day.

Like i said we haven't really done many trips in Cairns, money is very tight at the mo. We have had a few good nights out and met some really good people.
One trip we have done is on a croc spotting cruise then to a croc farm. We didn't manage to see any on the cruise but it well made up for it at the farm. We've gone a bit crazy for crocs at the mo, we love seeing them and i'm even dreaming about them!! The croc farm was weird actually as we totally weren't expecting the sheer amount of them. They farm them here for their skins and send them straight to France for Gucci and Versace. Handbag anyone?? I was tempted you know me!!

Anyway, enjoy the photos and i'l update you again with our Christmas and New Year pics in a couple of weeks.
Love to all, enjoy the festive period. x




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Reef JetReef Jet
Reef Jet

All the best things are made in Newcastle!!


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb