Merry Xmas and Happy New Year


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 3rd 2006
Published: January 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Xmas Xmas Xmas

This is our sad little tree with not many pressies....
Hey guys, hope you all had a really good xmas and new year, ours was good if a little strange!

Xmas day was very weird as the hostel did absolutly nothing at all so we had to make our own plans. we were a little disappointed but hey! In the end we just lazed around in the morning after opening our pressies. We got ourselves a little xmas tree which you'l see from the photos and put our few pressies around it to liven the place up a bit. After a swim in the morning we went to one of the restaurants for xmas lunch. It was turkey but with an Ozzie twist which was really nice actually. More lazing around by the lagoon in the arvo and then we had ourselves a little buffett for tea. What was a shame is that no bars or anything are open on xmas day so we couldn't really do much in the evening. Never mind we enjoyed our different xmas anyway. We weren't missing the snow though which I hear has been lovely at home. It was 38degrees in Cairns on Xmas day so very far from home.

Anyway New Year we spent in Sydney which was wicked. We went to Mrs Macquaries Chair which has the best views of the bridge and the opera house. You are supposed to get there early to get a good vantage point but it was so hot we wondered down at 4 o'clock and just sat and sunned ourselves until the sun went down. Some people were there from 9am but as there was just the 2 of us when Midnight arrived we managed to push to the front and had an amazing view. We're disappointed with the photos as they really did come out to show exactly what it was like but all I can say is WOW the fireworks were totally amazing and the atmosphere was really good. Didn't meet many Ozzies, they all seemed to be british and irish? Got a few kisses of the brits and happened to meet 2 lads from Sunderland. I know, you go all that way and bump into a mackem (Sorry Sarah!).

Anyway we're still in Sydney at the mo and heading to Melbourne on Thursday. Can't wait to get down there and see our little flat. For those who don't know we've changed
What a viewWhat a viewWhat a view

Getting the best spots sussed the day before, just a few less people there?
our current plans and are going to Melbourne to live with Ruth. Just job hunting at the moment, (which is what i should be doing, don't tell David. )
Speak soon guys.
J & D x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

NY EveNY Eve
NY Eve

Is it me or do the boats clearly have the best view?
LoveLove
Love

Love and hearts were the theme for this years celebrations
Busy busy busyBusy busy busy
Busy busy busy

This is what it comes to fighting with 25000 other people for a decent spot
DavidDavid
David

Mr Jones looking pleased with himself
The bridge 2The bridge 2
The bridge 2

This is why we came to sydney for new year!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb