Day 123 Australia, Cairns St Patricks Day.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 18th 2015
Published: March 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



A rest day in Cairns was on the itinerary today; having a lie-in until 8.30am was definitely needed. We also needed extra sleep after the disturbed night due to this drunken German girl getting into our room claiming she had lost her phone but she went after about 15 minutes.



This morning we cooked scrambled eggs and bacon on toast in the hostel kitchen then we sat in the common area drinking free tea, chatting, and planning the next week down the east coast.



We’ve selected our next two bus journeys with ‘Premier’ (stopping at Mission beach and then to Airily Beach). We’ve decided to only take one of the free nights accommodation that came with booking a tour through the hostel as it would mean spending an extra day here so losing out on going to Mission Beach. We have also booked our accommodation (hostels) until 25th March; left a reference for the couch surf family; and decided to not go up to Cape Tribulation as we have done so many similar jungle/croc/boat activities like it, so thought we would save £100 for a day there.



After a successful morning planning, we then headed to the public lagoon in the center where most of the backpackers and holidaymakers in town go to sunbathe, cook on the bbq and swim. We stayed there for a good few hours before walking to Woolworths for a late snacky lunch of Pate and rolls.



After heading back to the hostel late afternoon, we chilled out in the cool dorm room, showering and reading before eating a pasta meal cooked in the hostel kitchen and having a few mugs of Goon with some others in the hostel.





V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb