Slow trip to Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bunya Mountains
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Time for another update...

Last night we had a spectacular Lightening and Thunder storm here in Toowoomba. (see photos) This was at the end of a very hot day (37C) which we pretty well avoided when we headed up to Cressbrook Dam.

Today however, we decided to do another (early) day trip to Bunya Mountain, Dalby and then back to Toowoomba for a late lunch at Picnic Point overlooking Table Top Mountain.

I must say, what a great day it was. We have been to all these places before when we lived in Toowoomba, BUT depending on the weather, the changing years and seasons, the scenery seems to have gotten better. Either that or the memory has dimmed.

First up we headed for Bunya Mountain and as we left home and arrived early, the fog was still sitting on the mountain which made for some great photos. See attached. The King Parrots haven't changed one bit. Still as beautiful as ever and it would appear it is a boom year here also for the kangaroos as they are everywhere and looking extremely healthy.

Once we had taken in the beauty of the mountain, we decided to take the western road back to Toowoomba via Dalby with a stop over and walk through the township. Again, I must say Dalby has come a long way since we were last here around 10 years ago. It has grown considerably and is quite a metropolis now with all new shopping centres and main street etc.

Heading back to Toowoomba on the Warrego Highway hasn't changed a bit. Still as flat, straight and uneventful as ever with never-ending fields of cotton, sorghum, wheat & other grain crops. Not to mention a never-ending procession of B-Double Road Trains.

As we had packed a picnic lunch, we thought it appropriate we head up to Picnic Point (overlooking the Toowoomba Range and the Lockyer Valley) to have a late lunch and an Ice Cream and get a fresh look at Table Top Mountain which we hope to "walk" out to either tomorrow or Saturday. NOTE... I have already done the walk a couple of times previously and Lyn once.

Hope it isn't too hot.

On a final note for today, we also took a couple of photos of what I thought was a very Aussie moment. In the first photo through the Eucalypt trees, see if you can spot the Australian flag. The second photo is a closer up shot and what I would consider to be very stirring, appropriate and something you will only ever see in Australia.

I also hope you enjoy the photos we took.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb