Slow trip to Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
January 26th 2014
Published: January 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Australia Day in Toowoomba.

Yesterday we decided to spend the day at the Australia Day celebrations at the Highfields Pioneer Village.

What a great day it was. A lot of the exhibitions certainly took me back to when I was a kid growing up on a Dairy farm.

They had a working dairy that was exactly the same as ours was back in the late 50's early 60's. Right down to the cream separator. See Photo.

The weather was perfect with a large crowd turning up to celebrate Australia Day and see the historic village and all the exhibitions. They had everything you could have expected to see back 50 to 100 years ago on a farm or in a small town. Right down to the old butchers, post office, bank (included getting robbed by Ned Kelly) etc.

They also had damper making displays (yum) and included a bee keeping display all about how they manage bees and extract the honey etc. extremely interesting to watch first hand.

Today we hope to go for a walk out to Table Top Mountain as the weather was not good on Saturday when we had originally planed to do it. Here's hoping it will be OK today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb