Done and dusted. Where to next?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 7th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.4676, 153.028

We were locked into destination "home". But we did need a little top up for fuel in Cairns. And this was a full "Welcome to Australia you need to go through customs" stop over. It was a relief to be let back into the country and nobody thought Mac was Chinese AND he had to curb the whole photo bombing thing! It was truly a quick turn around. Just time for a western toilet stop and a cup of coffee.....a coffee taste we recognised.

Back on board: a flight path that followed the coastline, a smooth landing and into the welcoming arms of Anthony. Well almost! First a little bit of duty free top up in the alcohol department followed by being ignored by the sniffer dogs and a quick usher through Customs without incident. We had only flown a gazillion miles to get here and Anth was almost at the airport. But the timing worked out well. We did our last trundle to the pick up zone and we were on our way to 8 Farrow. We have high expectations now for punctuality and door to door pickups after a month's training with "Friendly China Tours Guildes".

The sun was shining - a rainbow zeroed us towards home. Sparkie did the welcome song and dance, we unzipped the burgeoning bags and the unpack began. When the dust was settled, we were just one pair of jade earrings short. Mac had turned the luggage inside out with no luck. Lucky I ignored the "Dad look" and did a recheck of the double check and found them myself tucked into the lining of his suitcase!

So we are home and life quickly returns to normal after months of countdowns and weeks of travelling. If you look carefully you will be welcomed by our good luck jade pieces, can spot the warriors, admire the red plate, eat with the chop sticks, marvel at our evidence of conquering The Wall and share the highlights as the photos endlessly roll. These treasures now form part of the fabric of our home and will remind us of our many good-time China adventures.

Could not have done it without the planning support of @sharynbleakley, the at home support of @auntygail, @paul, @ruby, @michael, @anthony and neighbour @Peter and the magic of @Mac.

So this brings the journal of the China Adventure to a close. We are being asked "Would you do it again?" Our answer " YEP....In a heartbeat......."

But with so many options and choices ....thinking that next time we will be heading to......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb