The PAR-TEEE to celebrate the big six-oh


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 11th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.4898, 153.223

It was supposed to be a surprise but we are thinking that Denise - the super sleuth - had sniffed out the possibilities and was aware that something was brewing. With threats of an early arrival, Von, Cheryl, Kate and Shiralee's meticulous planning was momentarily thrown into disarray. But thanks to "an unscheduled yet timely, blowout" by sweat (sic) Emily, the guest of honour was 30 minutes late!

With 60 guests hiding in all the nooks and crannies, the birthday girl was welcomed with the obligatory cry of "surprise" accompanied by a cascade of balloons and a shower of cash as she was ushered in to the gambling hall and saloon by our very own " Miss Roulette."

With screams and hugs, the party animals were unleashed. Elvis was in the house....two of them actually! The collective bling was blinding! The feathers were flying. The dice were rolling. The wheels were spinning and the cards were dealt as the players spilled their chips, filled their glasses and the celebrations were officially underway. And yes, led by the birthday girl herself, it wasn't too long before the boas predictably found their way into inappropriate grooves. Denise was in #DO60 heaven,because here, assembled under the one roof - the family, the golfers, the campers, the squash girls, the volleyballers and the #FAB5 rallied, roared and reminisced.....and meshed and melded as a living tapestry of 60 years of Denise.

Miss Roulette was just the start...there was a photo booth, Elvis, brides and bouquets, a homeless tramp in the kitchen, wheelers and dealers, ears and tails, black leather pants, purple wigs, braids, suits, hats, feathers and glitter, bow ties, Hawaiian shirts....and of course chips, gambling, drinks, music and laughter.

Salads and meats, pavlovas, slices and tarts were just the prelude to THE CAKE. Yep, Cheryl had outdone herself with sparkle, bling and chocolate to create the centre piece of the speeches. Led by the #FAB5 we laughed and cheered our shared memories and much to the delight of all assembled Bill proclaimed that "Denise has been the ride of my life!"

And the undercurrent to all of this was VEGAS. The #FAB5 took a timeout to salivate and celebrate the trip and pin down the final arrangements for departure. The Wise One distributed the tickets. The Young One confirmed the airport assembly time and accommodation.True to form, The Sensible One added the finesse with the bag tag and the dilly bag....the perfect accompaniment to The Naughty One's red team undies. And The Daring One revealed BJ the mascot.

We called it a wrap at 2 am comforted by the knowledge that this celebration of 60 had another 19 days to go. The fun had just begun as the #FAB5 prepare to #DO60.The players are assembled. Let the games begin. And yep, it's a sure bet, trouble is about to hit the northern hemisphere!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th April 2015

The best day of my life. To have all my bestest friends in the same room was a dream come true. You all excite me, motiv8 me and the best of all you're all a little on the naughty side. I love that the most. Thank you to family and friends
who went ahead and made my day. I feel so lucky.
21st April 2015

Fantastic party...for a truly loved lady. Happy 60th Aunty Niece x. Love the vibe the Fab5 bring...along with the success of true friendship that stands the test of time. Fabulous cake Mum!!! The team undies made me laugh...rock Vegas lad
ies!!!

Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb