Hong Kong to Brisbane - homeward bound


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
May 6th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 22.33, 114.18

Home again, home again jiggedy jig.....but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There were still a few shopping hours till departure. The shopping potential was determined by the the available space in the suitcase.

I used the sit, bounce and zip method to create just a little bit more space after putting all the heavy stuff in Mac's bag. I have to confess I did this little swaparoo when he was in the shower! He will never know until he picks it up.

So with wallet in hand and a level of determination intensified by an imminent departure we hit Nathan Road again. But with no particular goal in mind it once again meant aimless rambling. Into nooks and crannies, in venues that are literally holes in the wall, or conveniently located pieces of bitumen with an over hang of roofing, we climb up and down stairs looking for the last few bits. Seriously overloaded with Chinese Touristy bits....umbrellas, chopsticks, handbag holders, scarves, silk decorative runners, sports gear.......lucky I had my own 6'2" porter! And he was cheap!

Just had to feed him. And with a veritable smorgasbord of eating opportunities up for grabs.....we chose a very simple meal in a grocery store! A pre packed little delight for me and one last "made on the spot" dish for Mac.

The late checkout was a gift. No worries for us or the luggage. Returned to the Kowloon to repack the repack....one last check of a motel room and we were done. The door to door pickup service ensured we were on our way to the airport without a hitch. Before we knew it.....we were homeward bound.

Amazing what a difference 33 days make. After being blown away by the enormity of these international airports and being mesmerised by the constant ebb and flow of people, now we just drag our luggage around and jump from bus to walkway to subway to people mover with a swaggering Aussie confidence.

Can't really say "!'m glad it's over" because it has been amazing. But I am glad to be heading home and maybe changing pace a little.

Too easy for me. Stretched out asleep while pretending to watch a movie. Mac of course was wide awake - keeping his eye on the map tracker to ensure that the pilot was heading in the right direction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb