Eggs and Bacon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Alexander Headland
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mooloolaba BeachMooloolaba BeachMooloolaba Beach

Just thought that you might like to see the viewfrom our back window.
This early start to the day is becoming habitual now, this morning was another 6.00 wake up. Andy was already up and banging away at the keys on the laptop writing up yesterdays blog.

Earlier Andy had released the awning pole from the front of the bedroom as the sun was shining directly onto the bed and it was already an exceptionally hot day, there was no breeze at all. That made it much more bearable for a short time, before finally giving in and getting out of bed for a welcome shower.

We left to go to Starbucks at 7.30; this also is becoming a bit habitual, a morning coffee and the Internet. We wanted to finish updating the blogs that we uploaded last night and see who was around on Skype.

My sister in law Jane was on Skype so before long we intercepted her incoming call. It was 10.00pm UK time; we had a quick catch up with Jane to find out what was happening with my Mother in Law moving to Hertfordshire next week, just in time for Christmas.

Christmas, there’s a thing, while it does not really feel like Christmas for Andy
Mooloolaba BeachMooloolaba BeachMooloolaba Beach

This is where we are camping until Saturday morning.
and me; it does seem to be in full swing for some of the locals. There are Christmas parties going on, people have put the lights up outside of their houses, some are very spectacular.

My thoughts have turned to home this evening. I expect that Eddie next door has put his lights up outside. If you drive past peoples houses in the evening you can see the Christmas trees lit up inside. There are 3 tall Christmas trees in Mooloolaba alone and each day we seem to see additional decorations.

Christmas will not entirely pass us by as we will be doing the house sit in Port Stephens, so we will have our Christmas dinner, it may just be barbecued Turkey instead of a full roast, although a full roast sounds the best thing in the world right now.

We had to go to Bunnings today to get some bits and pieces, each day we find out that some thing or another will make our lives slightly easier. Today we needed to get a mallet to help knock the tent pegs into the ground, a mop to keep the floor of the tent clean and a
Mooloolaba BeachMooloolaba BeachMooloolaba Beach

Ok. Just another view.
two step stool so that we can easily get into bed at night.

Our bed is raised off the ground; we effectively sleep over the top of the trailer on a mattress with our sleeping bags on top of the mattress. Which brings me to another point, we also bought two more pillows today, nicer ones. Andy had a Hard and High and mine was Soft and Low. To help remember who’s pillow is who’s Andy has a yellow pillow case and I have an orange one (for the dirt bike riders amongst you: Andy's is a DRZ and mine is a KTM)!

Really we have not done much at all today, just relax a little bit, which I found quite hard really, in all I think it might have made me a bit restless. Andy commented today that in the UK we found ourselves working flat out Monday to Friday (just like most people) we would go out on Friday night for a curry and a catch up on each other’s week and then Saturday and Sunday was about doing the chores and hobbies if we got the chance. Then all of a sudden it was Monday again. Well here we have not really had that and believe it or not although we are not working, we have no routine and we have been busy 7 days a week trying to get everything in place so that we are comfortable and organised.

So this afternoon we just lazed around read our books, cooked lunch, drank tea and had an afternoon nap, well it was an exceptionally hot day and really you would not want to be in the sun.

This afternoon we saw a pair of Lizards basking in the sunshine, they seemed to be making every effort to ignore each other, when one moved the other one moved in the opposite direction. We watched as one lizard climbed into a hole in the wall, it was a small hole and a big lizard, it took a while, but he got himself in there, then pulled his tail in. We have no idea if he lives there or if he was looking for food.

Andy had two birds, of the feathered variety, sitting on the floor while he was at the tailgate of the Nissan, just staring at him as if they were waiting
HomeHomeHome

This is our home in situ until Saturday.
to ask him something. They then got fed up and came into the awning of our tent, looking very nonchalant, found a crunchy nut cornflake lying on the floor picked up and ran off. They could be seen doing the same with the other campers.

When it got cooler, we picked up some provisions from Cole’s, drove over to Point Cartwright to admire the setting sun and see the ¾ moon already gracing the sky.

Andy cooked a fabulous bacon and egg butty with HP sauce for tea tonight, washed down with an exceptionally large gin and tonic (I must remember that these are pint glasses!). Andy has also done the washing up and cleaned the barbecue for the next person.

It is 8.30pm and I am sure it won’t be long before we go to bed to have a good nights sleep for the zoo tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

LizardLizard
Lizard

This little fella was giving Andy the run around


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb