Australlia - Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
February 28th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HI Everyone,

Sorry i have completely got behind with keeping this updated so i am now going to attempt to fill you in on my whole time in Aus - will try to be brief!!!
I last updated you when i had just got to Brisbane, as a city i really liked it, but was only there for a couple of days, so not much scandel from there. I did have my first experience of goon (very cheap, slightly dodge wine) , drinking on the balcony with a couple of girls from my dorm - knew i would learn to love it.

From Brisbane i took the bus up to Hevey Bay for my Fraser Island trip, which was the complete highlight of my time in Aus. The company i went with had bright pink jeeps, so we were obviously the coolest gang on the island. There was 8 in our group, two English girls who i shared a tent with, two crazy dutch guys, a young Sweedish couple and a crazy 40 year old woman. Quite a mixed bunch but everyone seemed up for it.

We spent the next three days cruising the Island in our hot pink jeeps, camping at night, drinking goon and stopping off at all the recommended spots. It was really beautiful. I am not the best at retelling funny stories, so am not even going to bother, but will just say i had a really brill 3 days with a great bunch of people.

We eventually made it back safely to Hervey Bay for a farewell night out as everyone was going their separate ways the following day. Turned into a very drunken affair with lots of dancing on tables. Loved it!Obvious hangovers followed the next day - i was lucky as wasnt travelling until that night, but everyone else has to get up for early buses - shame!

From Hervey Bay i took an overnight bus to Airlie Beach for my Whitsundays sailing adventure....

will save that story for the next blog as out of time, but lots of love to you all xxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb