Ko Samui to Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 16th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone - Time for your next update - lucky you!

Last time i wrote i was on Ko Samui and heading on to Ko Pha Ngan. Well my last night on Samui was eventful as we went out and got very drunk. The journy the following day was hellish, i have learnt my lesson never to move on with a hangover. I woke up feeling ok, so thought i would catch the early boat to Ko Pha ngan, big mistake. A rickety coach ride to the port from where i was staying in Chaweng and then a fairly dodgy boat ride where i was trying my hardest not to throw up. From there i had to get a mini bus to the beach where i could catch a long tail boat to bottle beach - honestly i wanted to cry i felt so ill, i was stuck in the back of the mini bus so if i wanted to throw up 9 other people would have to get out first, defo not an option!

Anyway, arrived to the beach just as the boat was leaving, ( the next one wasnt for another 4 hours) Luckily there was a german guy on my bus that was heading to the same place ( ithink he pretty much lives there) so he managed to shout the boat back to get us. The second i got on the boat and rounded the bay to bottle beach the hangover was gone - it was amazing.

I only intended to spend 3 nights there and then move on to the other coast, but it was not an easy place to leave. After one afternoon and a rain storm i met a couple of girls, Alex and Sal, who were great and i spent the rest of the week with them taking it very easy, Sun bathing ( when it wasnt raining) lazing around in hammocks and eating lots! ( There is no chance i am going to lose weight, the food was so good and so cheap). By the time i left i pretty much knew everyone on the beach, it was great. One of the restaurants threw a beach party one night which was great, all the staff dressed up as lady boys and did a drag concert, loads of fire works and buckets - they are lethal!

Anyway, when i eventually decided to leave (only because i had to catch a plane to Singapore the following mornig) there was the biggest storm ever and we could not leave by boat. There were a few of us that needed to leave so one of the guys took us to the port in his truck. What a nightmare, it was pissing down and there were five of us basically swimming in the back of this open top truck with all our lugage, i am still drying stuff out. Also, i have never been on Such non-existant roads in my life, we got stuck up a hill as the road was collapsing so another guy had to come and tow our truck out. Anyway the jounry went on like this, had to wait at the port at Thong Sala for hours, again in the rain, by the time i arrived in Phuket 12 hours after i had set out i was not feeling too happy and had to get up at six the following morning to make it to the ariport.

I eventually made it to Singapore where i only had a day and half, so was determined to make the most of it, tired or not. I arrived at my hostel, my first experience of a dorm room( I wasnt sure at first but loved it after a while). I decided to spend the afternoon having a walk around the city - i have now found out that i incapable of reading a map, i got lost and re found my self about 8 times, although getting lost is the best way to see everyting in a city, i walked for about three hours, so was pretty knacked by the time i made it back. I was planning an early night so i could have a productive day the next day, howevr, the hostel was having a cross dressing valentines bbq at the pub next door and since i hadnt made any friends in Singapore yet i figured i really should go. It was very amusing although did feel slightly like iwas back in Kavos. Mission completed, i made friends and arranged to go to the Botanic gardens the following day, we spent the day there, it was really relaxing - i probably walked anoter 100 miles though! In Singapore i was staing in little India, so we all went out for a curry after - the spiciest curry i have ever eaten, my eyes were watering, sweating the works. Later that night i was flying to Brisbane which i where iam right now waiting until one so i can check into my hostel.

Can somebody please print my blogs off for the relevant grannies as i dont think they have joined the online world yet, however much they try!!!

Missing you all and lots of love xxxxx

(Honesly i will get some pictues online soon) ( Maybe)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb