Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 7th 2006
Published: February 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

I have been away a while now so i thought it was about time i filled you in on what i have been up to!
I arrived to Bangkok airport on Sat 28th after 3 flights, all of which were pretty good movie wise( I watched goal) and food wise, so was feeling ok at this stage. Whilst standing in Passport control i started chatting to an aussie guy who was heading in the Khao San rd direction so we decided to travel together which suited me as he seemed to know what he was doing. While getting cash out met a couple of English guys and an aussie girl (she was a script writer for neighbours so we have told her loads of new story lines), so that was our taxi full.
We arrived on Khao San rd on Chinese New Years Eve so everywhere was pretty mental and accomodation was full, luckily i had somewhere booked (cheers Aims). Neither of the two English guys (Rob & Sean) had anywhere to stay so being nice i said they could leave stuff in my room while they had a look around, obvoiusly we all ended up having a few drinks and they stayed on my floor but they bought my food and drinks that night as a thanks so all good - i had made my first friends - wopeeee!

I spent the following week in Bangkok with them and another guy and two girls they knew from uni, they were a really nice bunch and i got on with the gilrs really well, they liked shopping, sunbathing and eating - perfect. I probably ended up spending far too long in Bangkok but was having fun so why not!

My first experience of "real thai culture" was the ping pong show in Pat Pong - that was enlightening, but had to be done, they fire darts out as well(what a skill!). We spent a morning at the floating market which again was entertaining, but to really experience it i think your supposed to arrive really early, we didnt get there till about half nine with the other millions of tourists so spent an hour on a boat that only moved 20ft while people tried to sell us hats and coconuts, the long tail boat getting there was fun though, our driver thought it was hilarious to try and capsize us.

We also went to a cobra show, watching the snake charmers, not really my cup of tea but have a picture of me with a cobra wrapped round my neck - i was shaking so much as you can all imagine (will try and attatch pictures soon but not put them on cd yet!)

The rest of my time in Bangkok was spent be very lazy, sunbathing with the girls by the pool drinking Chang beer and watching films in the bar. We had a couple of drunken nights out - six of us in tuk tuk after a few hours of drinking games was hilarious.

after a week of this i was ready to move on, i said bye to the girls who are heading to Australlia next so will hopefully meet up again there and the boys were heading north and then home. I had the scary prospect of having to make new friends. I booked my self on an overnight bus to Ko Samui which is where i am now. The bus journy was suprisingly fine ( I Have heard so many horror stories) i was the last one on so had to sit at the back with a load of Israli guys fresh out the army but they were good fun. After 12 hours of that it was a couple of hours wait in a random cafe and then the boat ride across. I sat at the very front (Wohoo) and started chatting to another girl who is travelling on her own who i am now sharing a beach hut with ( basic but cheap). We have spent the last couple of days sunbathing in a really plush resort where her friends are staying for a couple of weeks, so absolutley loving it. Have taken it very easy in the evenings so far here, lots of nice sea food on the beach and a couple of cocktails but nothing too crazy. Its my last night on Samui tonight though so may have one or two!

Tomorrow i am leaving for Ko Pha Ngan so again will have to make new friends but hopefully will be ok as has been pretty easy so far, although i have to be quite openminded, amy, who i have spent the last couple of days with is a complete hippy travler type, not the like the rest of you girls at home beleive me, but i suppose thats what it is all about!

After that i am heading to krabi, Phi Phi and Phuket and then down to Singapore.

Anyway, i have probably bored you enough, miss you all loads and lots of love xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb