Misson and the Whit Sundays


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
July 6th 2007
PUBLISHED: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so so enough of the wet n wild hey? It was time to do some chillin man, so we headed to a little place called Misson Beach. This little place is home to Dunk Island and miles of beautiful beaches, and very little else. We arrived at our campsite where the rain had now not stopped for 5 or more days, everything was wet and so we decided to go into a cabin for a few nights to dry out!

We had been given a contact of friends of freinds so we got in touch with Sue and Greg and they welcomed us with open arms. The first thing they did was take us out on their speed boat to take us over to dunk Island, unfortuatley the water was too rough to get over there so they just took us for a quick spin. Let's just say I nearly saw my breakfast again!!!! So they brought us back and we headed to their's for a real ozzie barbie. We had a great time with them, a few beers and songs later and we had seen the Ozzy way of life. (looks good by the way!) After a good nights sleep in a nice comfy bed we said our thank you's and headed on our next adventure...Arile Beach.

Now unlike the small English Ilse the next stop for us was a fair few miles so we made a night stop in Townsville where yep you guessed it, it rained! We have even taken a picture to show how bad it was. The next morning we got up early again and headed off arriving in Arlie beach for the afternoon.

Arlie beach is the gateway to the Whitsundays the only place where you can access them, so everyone goes there, this place is buzzing! We arrived at the campsite and booked oursleves on a boat for the following morning, a 3 day 2 night trip to the Islands. We also nipped in to sample the night life which was great. We even saw people we had met in NZ so that was great.

An early start the next morning where we put Elliott in storage and headed to Able Point Marina. We stocked with some drinks as it was bring your own, Bri a crate of Carlton and me a box of red.( Well we could of got stranded!) We waited for our boat with our fellow passengers all 8 of them. There where 2 lovely lassies from Northern Island, a lovely couple from the UK, a couple from Germany and 2 canadians. Our deckhand was a kiwi and our skipper an Ozzie so a right old mix. Our boat was called Scooner Friendship an old sailing boat she was cool. We all allocated our rooms and yep me and Bri got the kitchen table as our bed...good one the romance never dies!

Once we had set sail the sun was still behind the clouds but she was following us to sea and we where told of good weather ahead! I will let the pictures tell the storey as well they are just amazing. The scenery was out of this world, the food was just delicious and the staff great to have on board (they knew what they where doing.) The first bit of snorkelling was also amazing with lots of amazing fish to see, I was a little scared of it but Bri loved it!

The first night started at about 4 when we drank fine wine and ate fresh king prawns. Dinner was baramundi cooked on the bbq (on the side of the boat) with fresh salad. The sky cleared an the stars came out. We anchored just round the corner from the magnificant white heaven beach ready for us to explore the next day. The nights sleep was interesting a little like been a cradle I would guess but a great experince. The next morning we where up and on the way to white heaven by 9:30 and there it was....again I will let the pictures tell you. It was paradise, you can clean your silver in this white sand it was just beautiful. After a few hours swimming, sunbathing and relaxing we headed back to the boat. On the way we noticed the ground starting to move we stopped looked down and just hundreds and hundreds of soldier crabs moving towards the sea was an interesting site!!!

The second night on the boat was a little less hectic as we where all tierd but really nice food agan, chicken and stake on the bbq and some more wine (of course). The crew Ji (Skipper) and Anton (Deckhand) joined us in a few before we all went off to bed. The next morning we did some more great snorkelling where we saw Turtles, reef sharks, brightly coloured fish, sting rays you name it!!! We headed back to shore and before we new it we where back on dry land. That was not the end though, as we had such a good group on the boat we arranged a night out to finish it off in style. It was a great night and we ended up staying another night to go out with some of them again!!!

So what another great trip we had it has all been such a great experience and we are loving it all. Wait here for the next installment as it will be here pretty soon......

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

10th July 2007

Brill
Well Guys Absolutlet fantastic trip - really very proud of you both your palanning as usual is superb. Really great to speak with you Lynds went staright to the blog - awesome indeed. Enjoy Brisbane give our love to Rea Spek to you soon Lots of Love Dad and Mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10th July 2007

memories
Hi Lyns and Brian, seeing Whitehaven brought back a lot of fantastic memories. Photos are fantastic, nice to see Sue and Greg. Hope you have a good time in Brisbaine. Keep up the fun. Love Mum, Jean
10th July 2007

Hello Sailors!
Hi guys - you look and sound as if you had a truly brill time on the boat and made lots of new friends, I guess that it always a bonus. Continue with the fabulous blogs, as really enjoying them so much. Love you both Axx
10th July 2007

Too Healthy!
Hey, how you doing, pretty well from where I'm sitting! You look too healthy and are obviously having too much fun; I'm only jealous babe! Glad to see you're trying everything and getting stuck in (especially to the wine! Good girl!!) Will be emailing you some (hopefully) interesting pics soon as Kelloggs mid year conf 2mrw for 3 days!! Will miss you babe and raise a glass to you in the room before we go for dinner, only taking a 3 litre BOX this time! Lots of love both, xxxx

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb