Bit and Bobs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
July 24th 2007
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yo Yo Yo sorry it has been awhile but we are back. I have heard rumors that Bri's blogs are funnier than mine and well I am really not happy about it! So I will attempt while he is not hear to be very funny (which I thought I already was), whitty and just dam right hilarious comments would be welcome afterwards 😊

So what have we been up to since the madness of Friaser? Well we have kinda been doing a bit of this and that mainly staying with friends who have looked after us so well and given us lovely comfy beds to sleep in! We started in a lovely little place called Maloolabah just on the outskirts of Noosa, with Mel and Mike (from the Valleys). Now I know Mel through my parents who where friends with her parents out in South Africa so it was kinda funny 30 years on we where hooking up in Oz (still not forgiven them for not moving to Oz instead!!!!!) They lived in the most beautiful house and made us so welcome. They took us round sight seeing in their town which was very picturesq as you will see from the photos. We barbequed in true ozzy style and they also took us to a theme park Dream World on the gold coast it was great. Now Brian always has some kinda dig at me on the blog so he won't mind me telling you that he only went on one ride...yes that's right just the one. I of course went on everything and anything I could including the Tower of Death...mmmm need I say more. I also went on the claw just after lunch which was never wise, Bri actually got on it then legged it off as he was to scared (he says it was to soon after lunch...yeah whatever Lawler!!!). Anyway fun was had by all. The next day we went to Steve Irwin's Zoo which was just fab. The guy is now an icon and you can see why for all he has done for the wildlife here. We watched a croc show, brid and snake show and saw some really cute wombats.

Once we left Maloolabah we headed into Brissy (yeah can you hear that Ozzy accent I fit right in), we stayed with my friends Maria's Boyfriend Paul who god love him had never met us. (Ri had warned him though) It was great to see Ri after 2 years or more and she loves her life in Brissy so was great to see. Most of the pictures from here though are spent in the pub as we caught up with Nadine from the boat too so it was fun fun fun. We then headed to Surfers Paradise with Paul and Ri which is kinda a like Blackpool with a bit more class (if you can get that) It was the Spring Bok's V the Kiwis so we settled in the pub to watch it, a great game.

After a bit of Surfers (thats Surfer's not Surfing balance not to hot) we hit hippy land Byron Bay...yeah man "anyone know where the toilets are?..." This place was cool and we did the big walk to the most Easterly point and the light house. a hard walk but well well worth it, we saw Dolphins and whales along the way. As you can tell these where whistle stop tours but we got to see what we needed. The next bit there was nothing really to report it was just really getting to Sydney, we stopped in Coffs Harbour (Banana capital), port Macquirie and then the Hunter Valley where we tested of few of the local wines ( yum yum)


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Wobbly WombatWobbly Wombat
Wobbly Wombat

My favourite so cute!!
Me and Ri...Me and Ri...
Me and Ri...

Few bevvies in Brissy our kid...
Girls just wanna have funGirls just wanna have fun
Girls just wanna have fun

Ri, Nadine, German girl and me...


27th July 2007

Awesom blog Lynds - you go girl!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb