Kakadu


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
August 20th 2012
Published: February 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Kakadu everybody knows or has heard something about Kakadu and for good reason but whatever you do if you come to the Territory to visit Kakadu and you don't allow time to visit Litchfield NP you are doing yourself an enormous disservice. As mentioned in my "Litchfield" blog you must see both of these parks as they are both spectacular yet are somewhat a bit like chalk and cheese.

Let me explain :-

Kakadu - Aboriginal artwork and plenty of it, huge vistas and magnificent scenery, crocodiles, an enormous array of birdlife, other interesting fauna and flora, entry fees, waterfalls (though they are not flowing all year 'round) and covers an area of 19,804 km2.. A big big park!

Litchfield - Historical sites ,vistas and magnificent scenery, safe swimming (except for the Wet season), a huge amount of birdlife, loads of interesting fauna and flora, no entry fees, waterfalls flow all year 'round and covers an area of 1,500 km2. So it is therefore a heap smaller than Kakadu but yet is jam packed with goodies.

As I said you must see both to truly appreciate this beautiful part of the world, it would also be a sin to expect these places can be thoroughly enjoyed in a day or two. I hope you enjoy my photos and I hope you get the opportunity to snap your own in the not too distant future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb