Mt Isa to Camooweal


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 07 June 2007

Three days in Mt Isa and I think we have broken the drought!!! 3 days of rain we’ve had so its time to move on. The temperature even got down to 10 degrees overnight. On the positive side of things we got a few house keeping things done such as vacuuming the kids car seats as they had seriously become a health hazard aaagh. Matt fixed a few things he is indeed becoming Mr Answer Man (Chris there’s a challenge there!!!) He is an electrician, an auto electrician, a mechanic, a chef etc you guys get the idea.

It was good to see Matt’s parents. We all visited the underground hospital that was built during the war in 1942 and then went out for dinner to The Buffs Club (which Lily loved as it had a kids club so she played in there until her dinner was ready, unfortunately they wouldn’t take the little guy he was too young bummer).

I had a couple of phone calls Tuesday, so it was nice to hear what’s happening at home and to hear some friendly voices.

This morning we got to pack up without the kids as Bron and Nev were looking after them for us woo hoo. And now we are heading for Camooweal Caves. We’re not sure if the road will be open due to the wet weather we have had, as they advise travelers not to use the road as it becomes boggy for a few days after rain.

Truck & Van Maintenance List

Cruise control sensor fell off (so Matt has driven thousands of straight kms without it)
Oil change
Fuse for electric brakes blew
Battery Isolator
Rear axle seal
One van light broken
One van tyre flat
Van wheel arch half missing
Rewired new 7 pin plug
Fixed cigarette lighter
New cable for GPS (the other one just started smoking???)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb