Camooweal to Tennant Creek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday 08 June 2007

Ailments so far:

Lily vomiting x 1 (at crowded service centre just as we were sitting down to eat Nando’s chicken mm mmm)
Lily head injuries (minor) x 2 (only one incident with bleeding - looks great with blonde hair)
Lily splinters, cuts, grazes, bruises etc - too numerous to count

Ethan split lip from slippery slide incident x 1
Ethan head injuries (minor) - too many to count as he can fit under car and van
Ethan eczma continuing

Matt diarrhea x 1 (luckily we were in a caravan park and right next to amenities, he will kill me if he reads this)
Matt coping with crazy wife melt downs (minor) - too numerous to count (normally every morning while Ethan has a HUGE melt down because he can’t get his breakfast RIGHT AWAY!!! Or because she has to move everything around just to get to something that was probably right in front of her eyes in the first place)

Bron blister on foot from new havianas x 1 (but lasted for a couple of weeks)
Bron blister on finger from hand washing x 1 (but also lasted for a couple of weeks)
Bron minor melt downs (see Matt’s notes above)
Bron minor condition similar to Matts but not quite so bad (also see notes above item 1)


So there you have it guys, not too bad for being nearly 3 weeks on the road (hopefully I haven’t just jinxed us).

So this morning we woke to the birds singing and chirping in the brisk 2.9 degrees - yes you read it right folks 2.9 bloody degrees!!!! AND no luxury ducted gas heating no siree that’s just crazy thinking that is!!!! No heater at all, I had to resort to wearing my beanie to sleep (which certainly gave Lily a good laugh when she woke up next to me). Unbelievable I thought we were heading into warmer climates, apparently not just yet.

We made it to the Northern Territory border so now there is a half an hour time difference (we are behind). Good news is that the speed limit is 130km/hour (but if you are trying to get good fuel consumption that’s just a crazy speed - obviously Matt and I care a little bit more about just getting there & yes I sound like a learned traveler don’t I talking about fuel consumption - those two words were never in my vocabulary!!!)
Don’t worry I won’t go changing too much - as soon as I can get to a power point long enough to be able to straighten my hair I will PROMISE to do so and include a photo of proof that I did do it………..oh to have hair that has no frizz and can be left out long, straight and shining in the sun he he he

Seriously though, we had a lovely bush camp last night right beside the lake with amazing bird life and we even had a herd of Brahman cows that walked right past our caravan in the evening as Matt was cooking dinner. It really was a beautiful spot where you could see thousands of stars - the peace and serenity and absolutely no one else around.

We had our first flat tyre of the trip, one on the van so we are off to Tennant Creek today to try to get it fixed and we ran out of gas for the first time also.

Note to Greg - they have fixed the Barkley Highway!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb