Mt Isa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mt Isa
June 5th 2007
Published: June 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 05 June 2007

We’ve made it to Mt Isa and surprised Matt’s parents. They weren’t expecting us until Friday and we arrived yesterday - great to see Nanny’s face (photo included of course).

We’ve had some fun in the last couple of days. We stayed at Bladensberg National Park just outside of Winton (still Central Eastern QLD) and finally met a family similar to ours!! Lily made a mate in Jack, Ethan kept harassing their 9 month old (and I thought we were doing it early!!) daughter Ivy and their parents Rebecca and Antony were I think just as happy to see other adults without grey hair as we were.

They have been on the road for 3 months and are doing it a bit rougher than we are - pretty amazing really. They are from Leichardt and have taken 7 months to travel. It was great to get some tips from them and to ‘socialise’!!!!

We did a long stretch on Monday, we left the National Park at 9.30 and arrived in Mt Isa at 4pm - we did stop for an hour at the Crocodile Dundee Pub and had the obligatory beer - the publican’s personality was liking trying to get blood out of a stone but apparently he’s been trying to sell the place for years and told Bron and Nev that if they saw him the next time they were there to shoot him!!!

Anywho, enough of that talk, we are staying in Mt Isa for a couple of nights doing the washing, bathing the kids you get the idea. The kids even had a big bath to bathe in last night and you should have seen the water after them…………

Looking forward to seeing the Northern Territory, we are almost at the border. Can’t wait to be able to show you all photo’s from there. I think we roughly calculated that we have done approximately 5000 km in the two weeks we have been traveling!!! Not a bad effort really 

Advertisement



5th June 2007

Good adventure
Hey guys, great to be able to read about your adventure and how it's all travelling. Photos are fantastic. I'm starting to feel the wandering bug tickle the soles of my feet. May have to try to get Ali used to the idea of a bit of dirt....

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb