Darwin to Leliyn (Edith Falls)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
July 28th 2019
Published: July 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Darwin to Leliyn


Darwin to Leliyn (Edith Falls)



Lachie had success on his fishing trip with Tom around Darwin, and managed to catch (and release) a 50cm barramundi, as well as pulling up a few pots containing 13 mudcrabs.
We ventured south from Darwin into Litchfield National Park, where our camp base was at Wangi falls for 3 nights.
Wangi falls were beautiful and deep, with the girls swimming all the way over to the waterfalls several times.
Buley rock hole was another magical spot (but more crowded), with more shallow pools we sat in for a couple of hours. Not far from the buley was Florence falls, which had another deep swimming hole and perhaps by now we were getting spoilt with all the beautiful waterfalls to float under with our pool noodles.
Isabelle was very excited to celebrate her 7th birthday while we are on our camping holiday, and enjoyed pancakes for breakfast followed by a couple of swims at Wangi falls, and a rainbow birthday cake with sparklers after dinner.
Reaching the end of our stay in Litchfield National Park, we walked to Tolmer falls on the way out, and stopped at some pretty impressive termite mounds which were quite tall.
Edith falls (Leliyn) was a few hours drive down the road, and we camped about 5kms away. The pool noodles have been fantastic for floating across to the waterfalls, with Juliet just squeezing into her swim ring for a little bit longer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



31st July 2019
Florence falls

Holiday
It sounds like everybody is having a great holiday, we hope Isabelle injoyed her birthday the cake the cake look lovely. Holly is a very

Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb