From 13140 to 72 Hours


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Tennant Creek
September 19th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

R Writes:

Wow, just to think when this trip was just a couple of friends dreaming, that was close to 18 months ago sitting at the end of the bar at the Sporties Club. We threw a few ideas around, from a 2 week jaunt to the West Coast to a 10 week Grand Tour of the WORLD!!! Ideas were bounced off each other and the look on all of our faces changed slightly when it dawned on us that we could do it. From that 18 months ago or 13140 Hours ago and now its less than 60 til we drive out of good ol' Tennant Creek. I have to admit, that the excitement is just starting to kick in, it's been a busy last couple of months with the new job and everything else happening, but there's been a smile across my face now just about constantly. I really can't wait.

I smile when I think of the planning that goes into a trip like this. I believe that planning is a huge slice of the experience, our Monday nights at home going through our tours, the 11pm phone calls from Carmel telling us to switch on the Travel Channel on Austar, don't tell her, but we were already watching it😉 It has been a whole bunch of fun.

One of my favourite memories of the planning was when we had decided to see if Keara wanted to come with us. We asked her parents first, and when they both thought it was be a wonderful experience for their oldest girl. We had Keara come into Teresa's work. She was standing by the fridge, we small talked and we got talking about our trip that she knew we were going on, and then we hit her with it. "wellll, we were just wondering ........if you wanted to ........" at this point the words that come out were overtaken by the look on her face , which is was one I won't forget, the change from somewhat interested, then her eyes started to widen, her forehead rising, and on the realisiation of what we may ask there was that beaming smile, that you couldn't have wiped off with anything, which is exactly the one I have on my face typing and remembering her repeating yes over and over. Hugs all round followed and from there it's been a great experience. From photos and passports and birth certificates, booking and rebooking, more photos and lot's of posing by Miss Keara 😊 It's been awhile coming, but now we are close. Very Very close, and there's so much more to do!!!!

By the way, we have a glamour shoot later on...up at the Lookout all decked out in our flash Spitties Jackets, will post some of those pics later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb