Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

After a few days in Litchfield National Park, we moved on to Kakadu/Jabiru for a few days. We have also been here before, BUT when you can do it slowly and take your time to understand and appreciate the surroundings it looks much better.

Also, given we now have a great four wheel drive, we can do things we haven't done before like cross the Cahill's low level crossing (see photos) into Arnhem Land. This is one of those "tidal" crossings where there was half a dozen 3 meter crocodiles waiting each side of the crossing looking for lunch (Barramundi) to make the crossing. An unbelievable experience driving across and staring into the eyes of crocs checking you out for a possible lunch.

We also took the couple of days to visit and walk all the Aboriginal art sites like Ubirr, Nourlangie and Nanguluwur plus visit places like Cooinda, Yellow Waters and Mardugal Billabong etc.

All in all a great experience, but as usual we had to move on yet again and we have now arrived in Katherine for a few days to check out the Gorges etc. but not before doing our now customary daily swim in the Thermal Hot Springs which are just out the back gate of the van park we are staying in.

Hope you enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Cahills Crossing into Arnhem LandCahills Crossing into Arnhem Land
Cahills Crossing into Arnhem Land

Can you spot the crocs?


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb