Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Batchelor
July 28th 2014
Published: July 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

After almost a 2 week break in Howard Springs/Darwin just chilling out and enjoying the 22C nights and 32C days plus grass in the van park, we thought it was time to catch up on our blogs and let everyone know we are still alive and what we have been up to etc.

After Mataranka (the last blog) we headed for Darwin as I needed to get the Cruiser serviced and give it some new tyres etc. Along the way however we stopped off for a day or two at places like Adelaide River (the little Van Park behind the Pub is excellent) and Edith Falls (national park) which was another beautiful spot where we ran across our first "snake" on the walk up to the "top pool" and falls. (see photo)

At Adelaide River we just had to stop in at the pub to visit "Charlie" the Buffalo who stared in Crocodile Dundee. Our son Mark actually rode Charlie quite a few years ago when Charlie was also a little younger and a bit more lively.

In Darwin (we have been here a couple of times before over the years) we found the time to visit the usual places like Mindil Beach night markets, the harbour and entertainment area, Casuarina shopping complex, Palmerston and the harbour WWII War Museum. Etc.

Totally enjoyed the stay, but decided it was time to move on again if we wanted to see everything we could in the Top End "before" Spring/Summer hits and makes it unbearable humidity wise. We have given ourselves until the end of August to get across to the top of the West Australian coast via places like Kununurra and then we can take our time working our way down to Perth.

At this very moment, we are at Bachelor visiting the Litchfield National Park and all that it has to offer. E.g. The Magnetic Termite Mounds, Florence Falls, Buley's Rockhole, The Lost City, Wangi Falls and finally Tolmer Falls before heading back to Bachelor and the local watering hole (Pub) for a cool ale and dinner. It is a hard life, but someone has to do it.

Hope you like the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



29th July 2014

Fabulous photos
One day.....ahhhhh......one day. Steve and I will get to see these beautiful places too. Have fun xx
29th July 2014

Great places to visit.
Thanks for the comments. At least if anyone asks us what are the best places to visit we will be able to tell and show them all about it.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb