Devils Marbles, Mataranka Springs, Kakadu


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stopped at Wycliffe Well (UFO capital) for a photo. Got to Devils Marbles in the afternoon. Next morning we got to look around and climb the rocks before we left.
Arrived at Mataranka Springs and there were fireworks that night for Territory day. We had a swim in the Springs next morning. There were crocodiles further down the stream from were we had a swim. The water was very clear.
We left and went to Kakadu. Passed through Katherine & Pine Creek on the way. Didn’t do the river cruise at Katherine Gorge. Stopped at Jim Jim Billabong for 2 nights. We couldn’t swim there as there were crocs in the water. Next day went to Bowali Visitors Centre & I bought a furry crocodile that is very cuddly and called it Kath. Saw lots of crocodiles in the water when we went on the East Alligator River Cruise. There was another stream that had a story of a lady canoeing. A saltwater crocodile as long as the width of the stream came and knocked her out of the canoe and into the water. She climbed up onto the bank and up a tree. The crocodile knocked her back into the water again and she climbed back up the tree. She was badly injured, but she survived.
There was a big spider on the boat and the guide knocked it into the water. It started swimming back to the boat. Once we started moving away, it stopped swimming.
We went to Ubirr Rock and saw the Aboriginal Rock Paintings and the sunset.
On the way to Darwin we stopped at Mamukala Wetlands and saw the bird hide. There were lots of birds and a Jabiru was close by.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Jim Jim BillabongJim Jim Billabong
Jim Jim Billabong

Me in my swag
East Alligator RiverEast Alligator River
East Alligator River

Yes, spiders can swim - especially big ones


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb