Darwin


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finally got internet service in Darwin. I liked the Cyclone Tracy display at the Museum. There was a room that had sounds like Cyclone Tracy. It was very loud, dark and scary.

In Darwin we had lots of swims in the pool at the caravan park.

We went to see the WWII Tunnels that were built to store oil in, but were not finished until after the war ended and were never used. We got to walk inside 1 of them. It had lots of water running in the tunnel. It had photos of the bombing that Japan did to Darwin in WWII.

One day, when the car got a snorkel put on, we walked to the Aircraft Museum - the home of the B52. There were lots of planes in there. The B52 took up almost all of the aircraft hanger that was the museum. It was 52metre across the wings and about 56metres long. We you walked in the door, the wing of the B52 was almost hanging over your head. We got to walk up to the cabin. It didn’t look very comfy, it only fitted 6 people. We saw a movie that showed how the Japanese invaded our countries before Australia. We were very lucky because the Darwin people fought back and didn’t give up. They also had help from America & England.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb