Day 103 Australia, Darwin to Alice Springs road trip.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Devils Marbles
February 26th 2015
Published: February 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Bloggers and Readers,



We left Banka Banka Station early morning, we were so happy to leave this place as it was so hot and sticky and neither of us slept well there!!



We went to Tennant Creek to re-fuel and a restroom stop; everyone got drinks and food as it was a long drive to our next stop: the Devils Marbles!! As it was 500KM drive we kept ourselves busy watching TV programs, chatting, reading, and playing catch.



Devils Marbles aka Karlu Karlu are granite boulders, which have come through from the magma from the earths centre. They an amazing site to behold. I hope the photos can do them justice!! We climbed up on them all to get some great photos. Jerry the tour guide and all 19 of us got kicked off this big rock where we were doing group photos by a park ranger. Apparently it upsets the aboriginals to climb on the rocks!!!



Lunch was wraps we made that morning back at camp; everyone was starving by then as well!!!!



We passed the Tropic of Capricorn, which is the lower portion of the world (The co-ordinates for the geeks wanting to know are Lat-23-442026 Long- 133-833111), not the best site seeing attraction but was good as Vick has never been this low in the world before!!!



Enroute we stopped at the UFO capital of Australia!! It was funny and me and Liam loved it getting photos and everything!!!



We final got to Alice Springs, we all got out at the sign and got the standard group photos for the trip!!! Was great fun!!!



We are staying in Haven Youth hostel, in Alice Spring. It’s a nice clean hostel, we have an eight-bed dorm which is ok. Most of the tour people are staying here and those who are not came tonight for a last farewell meal before everyone goes off in different directions!! The food was ok but the company was better!!



After the meal we got to listen and join in with a world famous Didgeridoo player. This was really good fun and everyone enjoyed it.



We went to bed, as we were both shattered.



Enjoy the photos and the blog,



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 76; dbt: 0.2338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb